** This Olympus DS-5500 is not supplied with ODMS Software or Docking Station **
The Olympus DS‑5500 is the perfect solution for mid‑sized companies who want to benefit from a mobile and professional speech processing solution. It comprises reliability, security and simplicity at a level which professionals desire. This device is designed for professional dictation to turn speech into text. The slide switch allows the user to dictate without looking at the device to be able to focus on the content. Digital Dictation is made simple and secure.
For easy access to the most commonly used functions, three programmable smart buttons are available. Support of both SD and MicroSD memory cards means storage capacity is flexibly managed and can be extended at any time. The Hi-Speed USB interface is compatible with USB Storage, Audio and HID classes to extend user options.
High levels of Security
Thanks to PIN Protection and 256-bit DSS Pro real time Data Encryption, even the most sensitive files remain secure at all times. It fully supports your workflow also in conjunction with speech recognition software.
High security for peace of mind Business users often discuss matters that are highly confidential – or at least not intended for everyone’s ears. That’s why the DS-5500 incorporates numerous security features to ensure files are protected from unauthorised playback or duplication. For starters, this model allows voice files to be encrypted and decrypted.
Housed in a luxurious matte-black metal body that exudes elegance, it not only plays the part – it also looks the part. No matter how diverse the jobs you have, the DS-5500 can handle it. Up to seven folders with up to 199 files each are available to organise recordings. So that important parts can be easily found later on, users can set up to 32 index marks per file during recording.
Furthermore, the same number of verbal annotations can be appended to each file – giving users the chance to add special notes or ideas to specific sections of previously captured recording. A handy verbal comment function additionally allows an overall remark to be attached to a file, which can be used to give the transcriptionist general instructions, for example. Voice files can be recorded in two different recording qualities, including the new extremely high quality QP mode, enabling the perfect balance of quality and quantity to be selected personally.
Full Integration with Dragon Professional Individual V15
The DS-5500 is certified for maximum dictation accuracy by Dragon, maker of industry-leading Dragon Professional Individual V15. Dragon Professional Individual, v15, is a smarter next-generation speech recognition solution that empowers busy professionals to complete documentation and reporting quickly and accurately on the PC, so you spend more time on activities that boost the bottom line.
Moreover, the DS-5500 also features a full duplex microphone and speaker. Centralised firmware updates are also possible with this model. Ensuring the DS-5500 remains up-to-date even in years to come, a special I / O interface has been integrated, allowing plug-in modules of the future to be supported.
Furthermore, users can set up password protection on their device. The special DS-5500iD model even enables protection using biometric information. In this way maximum security is assured. Simplicity in action While the DS-5500 is a veritable powerhouse, operation remains simple. Menu choices are intuitive to let the user focus on the business at hand. A single slide switch allows the most common functions to be accessed in just a fraction of a second.
Further navigation buttons are located ergonomically in the center of the device to ensure easy data input and access to settings. Allowing all information to be seen at a glance in a choice of six languages, this model also features a large, back-lit LCD, which is protected against scratches thanks to a high-grade, coated screen.
- High Quality .DSS Pro Files
- Slide Switch Thumb Control
- Digital Voice Recorder in full metal body
- 3 smart buttons
- Editing functions (overwrite/insert/delete/security lock)
- NEW-Button for Quick Start
- File Encryption and Decryption
- Device lock function by password
- Centralised navigation buttons for easy data input and setting
- Large back-lit LCD, protected with a high-grade, coated screen
- Long battery life (up to 28 hours in SP mode with Olympus rechargeable battery pack)
- Draft dictation function Verbal comment function (1 per file)
- Verbal annotations (up to 32 per file)
- Index marks (up to 32 per file)
- Smooth Cue / Review Dual memory card support
- Durable USB connector for one-hand dock and undock at cradle
- Menu navigation with multiple language support (6 languages)
- Hands free dictation with optional Footswitch
- Automatic software & firmware updates
- Records in DSS format
- Up to 7 folders for voice file management (199 messages per folder)
- Microphone Sensitivity Level: CONF / DICT
- Integrates with Dragon professional Individual V15
What's in the box
- Olympus DS-5500 Digital Voice Recorder
- CS-119 Carry Case
- BR-404 NI-MH Battery Pack
- USB Download Cable
- Instruction Manual