The DS-5000 is tailored to meet all professional dictation requirements and is part of the complete Olympus dictation solution comprising voice recorder, transcription kit and dictation management software. Regardless of the dictation situation, this first-class voice recorder has all bases covered in the entire process.
Housed in a luxurious matt-black metal body that exudes elegance, it not only plays the part – it also looks the part. No matter how diverse the jobs you have, the DS-5000 can handle it. Up to seven folders with up to 199 files each are available to organise recordings. So that important parts can be easily found later on, users can set up to 32 index marks per file during recording.
Furthermore, the same number of verbal annotations can be appended to each file – giving users the chance to add special notes or ideas to specific sections of previously captured recording. A handy verbal comment function additionally allows an overall remark to be attached to a file, which can be used to give the transcriptionist general instructions, for example. Voice files can be recorded in two different recording qualities, including the new extremely high quality QP mode, enabling the perfect balance of quality and quantity to be selected personally.
For easy access to the most commonly used functions, three programmable smart buttons are available. Support of both SD and microSD memory cards means storage capacity is flexibly managed and can be extended at any time. The Hi-Speed USB interface is compatible with USB Storage, Audio and HID classes to extend user options.
Moreover, the DS-5000 also features a full duplex microphone and speaker. Centralised firmware updates are also possible with this model. Ensuring the DS-5000 remains up-to-date even in years to come, a special I/O interface has been integrated, allowing plug-in modules of the future to be supported.
Furthermore, the included DSS Player Pro Dictation Software Module represents a powerful new dictation management tool. This will enable users to flexibly enhance their dictation workflow in a variety of IT environments – no matter how small or large. The software supports multiple file formats including DSS Pro, DSS, WMA and WAV. Moreover, MP3 decoder support is also provided. DSS Player Pro will even automatically update itself – ensuring users always have the most up-to-date solution available to optimise office efficiency.
High security for peace of mind Business users often discuss matters that are highly confidential – or at least not intended for everyone’s ears. That’s why the DS-5000 incorporates numerous security features to ensure files are protected from unauthorised playback or duplication. For starters, this model allows voice files to be encrypted and decrypted.
Furthermore, users can set up password protection on their device. The special DS-5000iD model even enables protection using biometric information. In this way maximum security is assured. Simplicity in action While the DS-5000 is a veritable powerhouse, operation remains simple. Menu choices are intuitive to let the user focus on the business at hand. A single slide switch allows the most common functions to be accessed in just a fraction of a second.
Further navigation buttons are located ergonomically in the centre of the device to ensure easy data input and access to settings. Allowing all information to be seen at a glance in a choice of six languages, this model also features a large, back-lit LCD, which is protected against scratches thanks to a high-grade, coated screen.
- High Quality .DSS Pro Files
- Slide Switch Thumb Control
- Digital Voice Recorder in full metal body
- 3 smart buttons
- Editing functions (overwrite/insert/delete/security lock)
- NEW-Button for Quick Start
- File Encryption and Decryption
- Device lock function by password
- Centralised navigation buttons for easy data input and setting
- Large back-lit LCD, protected with a high-grade, coated screen
- Long battery life (up to 28 hours in SP mode with Olympus rechargeable battery pack)
- Draft dictation function Verbal comment function (1 per file)
- Verbal annotations (up to 32 per file)
- Index marks (up to 32 per file)
- Smooth Cue/Review Dual memory card support
- Durable USB connector for one-hand dock and undock at cradle
- Menu navigation with multiple language support (6 languages)
- Hands free dictation with optional Footswitch
- Automatic software & firmware updates
- Records in DSS format
- Up to 7 folders for voice file management (199 messages per folder)
- Microphone Sensitivity Level: CONF / DICT